TomHarris.co.uk >> Blog

Wednesday 30 October 2013

SignalR & MVC5

SignalR & MVC5

SignalR is great!

Ok, you want a little more than that, well I have recently set out on a project to learn SignalR and get used to the new VS2013, also really like this. My first point of call was to upgrade my site to MVC5, some great new touches like standard use of bootstrap in the template. The big surprise was how easy it was to create a SignalR application, if you think its more complicated try this link.

http://www.asp.net/signalr/overview/signalr-20/getting-started-with-signalr-20/tutorial-getting-started-with-signalr-20

Canvas Chat

It takes all of about 20minutes to run through this tutorial and you have a fully working chat at the end. In the end I wanted more, I decided to make a canvas chat, try to use some of the MCP skills I learned, after some playing around I got it working.

Remote Console 

This then lead me to a problem with trying to get touch to work on my Windows 7.8 phone, still no luck message me if you have the key. Basically I cannot find the event for mouse move.

From that the SignalR console was born. It is still in it's early stages but I think it has some potential, I also am fully aware of tools such as  JSConsole, but this was so easy to set up I think it has potential.

Anyway check it out here: http://www.tomharris.net/MiniProjects/WhiteBoard

My servers a little slow so apologies for the speed performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment